Monday, March 31, 2014

Sneak Peek at Drawings in Progress

Here are a few sneak peeks at details from drawings I've been working on the past few days...just some quick shots taken with my phone.  As of the time of this post, I still haven't inked these, but once I flesh out these pencil lines a bit more, that will be the next step. The drawings, and poem that accompanies them, are an homage to the long-lost pizza restaurants from Michigan that I grew up with, places like Major Magic's All Star Pizza Revue and Showbiz Pizza Place. It's been lots of fun working on these....one of the illustrations was particularly difficult so it feels good to finally get it to a good place after many attempts at re-drawing it.
















Many more finished illustrations for other pages were scanned and put into layout this week as well, so I look forward to sharing more as the finish line gets closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment