Monday, July 13, 2015

Poems in Print

I'm very honored (and my Canadian side is honoured) to have three of my poems & illustrations included in this new volume of works by the good people of Story Warren. Pretty neat to see them in print for the first time. (They include The Parliament of Owls, The Goth Mime and The Cricket Watcher)

This great little book is full of artwork, short stories and poems by other writers and illustrators who are part of the Story Warren collective, and was handed out to attendees at their recent Inkwell Family Conference in North Carolina. The cover drawing is by illustrator Joe Sutphin, whose work I really enjoy. (I'm crazy about his Rats of NIMH gallery!)

They may have copies of this reader available through their site in the near future, and I'll let you know when that happens. In the meantime, check out the other stuff they have on their site, including S.D. Smith's wonderful novel The Green Ember and brand new prequel The Black Star of Kingston (out today!). They both feature rabbits with swords.

www.storywarren.com

No comments:

Post a Comment